11.17.2011

What you don't have now will come back again.

IMG_9440
polka dot croptop- savers (3.00)
skirt- selfmade (idk cost of fabric)
shoes- handmedown (nada)
bike necklace & antler ring- forever 21 (1.50 necklace, 4ish ring)

IMG_9442

IMG_9450

IMG_9465


IMG_9482

IMG_9522

These photos were taken in July. Since then I've lost the bicycle necklace, which was my favorite. I've lost a great friendship, and we've lost the daylight. But I can feel new things coming around the bend with the brisk air. My lips are chapped and my head is heavy, but it gets lighter every now and then, and I feel hopeful. I'm clinging to that hope. I'm reading again, as much as I can, and losing myself in other places better than the one I'm in. I'm painting, all the time, and feeling inspired. I'm driving, and I feel independent and free. I'm applying for a job soon. I'm redecorating my room. I'm getting a B in calculus. Better things are coming, and I'll be okay. I'll be better than okay.


IMG_9540

IMG_9548

My mother took these photos. I think she's becoming quite handy with the camera! We were in the mountains of North Carolina, visiting my grandparents. They live across the street from this huge christmas tree farm, and the most stunning sunsets fall over the trees.

IMG_9554

IMG_9613

I've realized that I it's a complete shame that I take so many thousands of photos and no one ever sees them because I don't put them up anywhere. My laptop is currently broken so that makes it a bit more difficult but I am going to start uploading them, all of them..

IMG_9520

IMG_9564

IMG_9534

IMG_9627

IMG_9618

IMG_9565

IMG_9529
I hope you all are doing well. Remember to smile today.

IMG_9602

IMG_9561

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful photos! I love your skirt, and you made it?! Amazing. Getting a B in Calculus is commendable, and so is remembering to smile even if times are tough. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top is too perfect, and these photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always get ridiculously excited when i see that you have a new post.

    im sorry youre having a tough time right now :( at least youre driving though! im being ridiculous/busy and im literally the only senior to not even have my permit yet, which means that im forced to beg friends and my mom for rides...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are incredible Pauline! Love the pretty sunset and your simple cute outfit! All your accessories are wonderful and I can't believe you made that amazing mint green skirt!!! Like the person above, I get super giddy when I see you on my reading list hehe. It looks like you're in a good place right now--I hope these feelings of Independence and renewal stay with you for a long while <3

    ReplyDelete