2.28.2012

A wild blog post appeared

044

sweater- stolen from my dad
skirt- thrift (4.00)
tights- forever 21 (5.00)
boots- target (17.50)

To anyone still following this thing, hey! How are you? You've read my apologies on this thing a million times so I'll just sum it up really briefly and say I AM TERRIBLY SORRY and I'm not yelling at you okay the caps are merely an attempt at emphasizing how sorry I am.

Instead of outfit blogging, I've really just been bumming around tumblr lately, and I think it may be becoming a negative thing. I'm just going to copy a post I wrote on tumblr last night, if y'all don't mind.

024

Lately I’ve been really bored with my style choices (I couldn’t think of a less awkward way to say that so there it is) and it’s really bothering me. I feel like I’ve become too influenced by trends and what’s flattering, where I used to completely ignore that and wear whatever the hell I wanted to. I’ve just gotten really lazy and I don’t know, it bothers me because I used to love wearing really ridiculous things and experimenting with clothes and I’ve just fallen into this weird rut.

051

I need to get inspired and find my own style again. I want to fall back into reading blogs and magazines and things that focus on personal style. And get back to posting on my outfit blog..maybe that’ll inspire me to be a little bit more creative. It’s one of the things that makes me happiest and for some reason I’ve been ignoring it lately and it’s weird and I don’t like it.

029

010

I'm sorry for the mirror photos but I figure that at least with this lens (which is new! :) ) they're of decent quality and it's better than nothing? Right? This is also a pretty basic outfit, forgive me!

040

059

My two new pairs of shoes from target! The boots are now the warmest shoes I own. I'm going to start another post tonight just so I start posting more consistently. I hope you're all doing well! :)

5 comments:

  1. i think the outfit is cute! and i'd say just embrace your style rut. eventually you'd get use to it and do something new with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so jealous of your photo quality. im dying for a dslr, but im too scared of breaking/losing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit! That skirt is killer, such a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that skirt! And those boots are perfect.

    Followed (:

    rosiesykes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely LOVE the look and your blog. Think you've got a really quirky original style - gorgeous I say! I've become your latest follower for the style inspiration :)

    Much lovin! xx

    http://p0larmilk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete